- Robo-Advisors May Change The Advisory Industry
- 6 Life Insurance Customer Experience Leaders
- It’s the Facebook approach to money: Connect with friends. Then donate, invest and even fund a new business together.
- Vanguard, Fidelity Rake In Website Golds
- Fidelity, E*Trade, Schwab Top 2013 eMonitor Awards
- Financial Advice In 2034
|Citi’s New App Highlights the Kindle Fire|
|Written by Dan Wiegand|
|Wednesday, 29 February 2012 12:21|
The iPad still dominates the tablet marketplace, but other similar devices are slowly gaining popularity. By some projections, the iPad’s market share is headed below 60% in coming years. As in the smartphone market, Apple’s major rival is Google’s Android operating system, which powers an array of devices including Amazon’s Kindle Fire.Many financial institutions have already introduced apps for the iPad, but they have been slower to embrace Android tablets. This February, Citi introduced an app optimized for the Kindle Fire, becoming the second firm to release an Android tablet app after American Express in October. Citi’s design copies the iPad closely, with account balances and history, transfers and bill pay, and useful data visualizations. Unfortunately, the app is not available for any other Android tablets.
Other Financial Firms on the Kindle Fire
• Chase (#2)